Filters for the Military
Military operations call for some of the most stringent quality standards. Those apply to material selection, performance requirements including air and fluid cleanliness. To keep that last one in check, we offer a wide range of filters that meet military specifications and help keep everything from aircraft to power generators working smoothly.
Our military filters are available in various styles, all built to meet strict standards, including ASTM-G175 oxygen testing. Whatever defense project you’re working on, these military filters fit well in a range of settings.
Military Filter Applications
Many military technologies rely on pneumatic or hydraulic systems, which depend on clean air and fluid to extend their efficiency and lifespans. More importantly, they become less trustworthy in an industry where reliability is paramount. Equipment failure could have significant ramifications, and filters are only part of keeping them in top condition.
You’ll see hydraulic and pneumatic filters used in military equipment such as:
- Aircraft, including helicopters, jets and bombers.
- Weapons systems.
- Vehicles like tanks, utility vehicles and armored cars.
- Watercraft such as aircraft carriers, subs and boats.
- Heating and cooling systems.
- Power generation.
- Cleaning with pressurized air or fluid.
From supporting complex hydraulic systems to filling tires, air and fluid play vital roles for the military. Ensuring they stay contaminant-free is necessary for high efficiency and long-lasting performance.
Filters Commonly Used by the Military
Our filters come in a range of styles for different projects. Here are some of our filters commonly used in the defense industry.
1. Hydraulic and Pneumatic Filters for Military Applications
Some of our hydraulic and pneumatic filters for military use include the following.
- 11 Series spin-on filters: These hydraulic filters can filter up to 70 GPM return and 25 GPM suction. With a maximum operating pressure of 200 PSI and temperature ratings up to 250 degrees Fahrenheit, the 11 Series offers exceptional performance with petroleum-based fluids.
- 21 Series mini in-line filters: For both hydraulic and pneumatic applications, the 21 Series filters are manufactured from 304 stainless with 316 stainless elements and support a temperature range from minus 320 to 550 degrees Fahrenheit. We have options for 3,000 and 6,000 PSI applications and element ratings for 0.2 to 200 microns.
- 22 Series mini in-line filters: Supporting flows up to 2.5 GPM, the 22 Series comes in 316 stainless steel for 6,000-PSI systems. They support micron ratings from 0.2 to 200.
- 23 Series mini in-line filters: The 23 Series filters offer flows up to 5 GPM, with 316 stainless steel for 6,000-PSI systems. Port sizes include 1/2-inch and 3/4-inch options. This series offers micron ratings from 0.2 to 200
- 31 Series in-line filters: These in-line filters suit systems up to 6,000 PSI and can meet flows up to 40 GPM. They come in 303, 316 and 17-4PH stainless steel options with temperature ranges as wide as minus 320 degrees Fahrenheit to 550 degrees Fahrenheit. They support micron ratings from 1 to 200
- 41 Series mini T-type filters: Will handle operating pressures of 10,000 PSI and flows to 1.5 GPM, the 41 Series mini tee-type filters can meet high-pressure demands. Filters come in 316 and 17-4PH stainless steel. They support micron ratings from 1 to 200
- 51 Series T-type filters: The 51 Series of filters fits 5,000 or 6,000 PSI systems with flows up to 50 GPM. They come in 303, 316, stainless steel and aluminum housings with bowl drain, O-ring, element and differential pressure indicator options. This series offers micron ratings from 0.2 to 200
- 52 Series T-type filters: These filters come in 303 and 316 stainless steel designs for 10,000-PSI systems and 17-4PH stainless steel for 20,000 PSI systems. This series offers micron ratings from 0.2 to 200
2. Oxygen Filters for Military Applications
Our oxygen filters have 10-micron absolute sintered elements and consist of welded brass or bronze with multiple porting options. These filters include the following.
- 20 Series in-line filters: The 20 Series filters Can handle up to 6,000 PSI operating pressures with a flow capacity of Cv 0.1 to 0.3. The newly redesigned 20 Series is available in welded Monel and a threaded version in Brass or Monel. The threaded version allows for element replacement. Port size options are 1/8 to ¼ inch.
- 25 Series threaded mini in-line filters: With similar specs as the 20 Series, the 25 Series adds a replaceable element with a fluted design that increases surface area to hold more dirt and boost flow. It has an operating pressure of up to 6,000 PSIG and a flow capacity of Cv 0.7. Port size options are 1/8 to 1/2 inch.
- 30 Series brass in-line filters: The 30 Series filters also offer up to 6,000 PSIG and our patented flute design, with a slightly higher flow capacity of Cv -1.0. Port size options are 1/8 to 1/2 inch.
- 50 Series T-Type filters: These fluted filters have operating pressures up to 6,000 PSI and flow capacities of Cv -3.0. Port size options are ¼ to 1 – inch.
3. Custom Filters for Military Applications
Many defense projects aren’t compatible with these off-the-shelf solutions. Our team can create custom military filters to meet specific requirements, like unique shapes and compatibility with niche components. Whether you need to fit a filter into legacy equipment, want to boost performance or find a solution for a particular environment, custom builds for military filter applications can get you there. We can create filters for fuel, engine lubricant, air, oxygen, hydraulic fluid, water and gas.
Military Filter Features
With their essential role in the defense industry, military filters must offer specific characteristics like these.
- Dependable: Reliability is a must for these filters. They support mission-critical operations where equipment failure isn’t an option. For instance, many aircraft have hydraulic controls that can cost lives if they malfunction.
- Lightweight: Military filter applications aim for lightweight designs to maximize speed, agility and performance. In many cases, such as flight, carrying less weight is necessary to get the aircraft off the ground.
- Appropriate for tight specifications: Defense projects have a reputation for precision, and filters are no exception.
- High-efficiency: Efficient systems can offer longevity and better performance for these critical applications.
- Durable: Military filters must endure harsh environments. They may face more contaminants like particles and chemicals in dusty, sandy or salty conditions. These filters need to withstand remarkably challenging settings and retain their performance.
Military Filters From Chase Filters & Components
Hydraulic, pneumatic and oxygen filters are a vital component of many types of military equipment, keeping systems reliable and efficient. That’s why we build them with high-quality materials to withstand broad pressure ranges and corrosive environments. Whether off-the-shelf or custom-made, Chase Filters & Components can meet an array of tight military specifications and unique requirements.
To explore Chase Filters & Components for your next mil-spec project, reach out to us today to request a quote or chat with a representative. Learn why so many in the defense industry trust us to bring reliability and efficiency to their equipment.